The 2019 Florida Blue Medical Insurance Open Enrollment continues until midnight on Friday, Nov. 2.
Human Resources is pleased to report that CF will continue to cover 100 percent of each eligible employee’s cost of health insurance. The “Notification of Plan & Rate Changes” has a lot of information regarding changes to our benefits plans and dependent coverage increases. This information is also available on the CF Intranet at http://benefits.cf.edu/enrollment/open-enroll-health.htm. I also want to bring your attention to a few highlights that are explained farther down below:
To assist CF employees through the enrollment process, please utilize the Open Enrollment Checklist.
Dates: Oct. 22, 2018-Nov. 2, 2018 at midnight
Effective Date of Coverage: Jan. 1, 2019
• Health, Life, Dental, and Vision enrollment: Enroll via FBMC online benefits portal (see FBMC Enrollment Instructions below).
**Enrollment is not mandatory unless you are making plan changes or adding dependents. However, we strongly encourage all employees to access the FBMC enrollment site to confirm current benefits, and review/update beneficiary information if necessary. If you choose to take no action, your current benefits will roll over to the new plan year.
o Please Note: New or existing H.S.A. health plan members wishing to contribute additional funds to your H.S.A. account via payroll deduction must complete a new election form HSA Payroll Deduction.
• Short term Disability, Long Term Disability, Cancer Insurance, or Medi-Gap Plan enrollment: First time enrollees: Paper enrollment with Custom Benefits Services representatives; Current enrollees do not have to re-enroll unless you are making changes
Ocala Campus – Oct. 24 and 25 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Founder’s Hall, Conference Room 105
Citrus Campus – Oct. 24 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Citrus Learning and Conference Center, Room 103
• Flexible Spending Account (NEW Plan Year and Open Enrollment Period)
First time enrollees: Paper enrollment with Custom Benefits Services representatives (or contact HR for paper enrollment); Current enrollees or employees who have participated in the plan previously must re-enroll online at www.myflexonline.com. (More information can be located below under Benefit Changes.)
Mark your calendar for the following Open Enrollment Events:
|Event||Description||Date, Time and Location of Event||RSVP Required|
|Employee Health Insurance Meeting||A representative from Florida Blue will discuss 2019 health insurance plan information, answer questions and address any concerns.||Oct. 30 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Ocala Campus, Ewers Century Center, Room 107
Video Conferencing will be available for other campuses.
|Please RSVP to Jenny Klepfer (email@example.com or 352-854-2322 ext. 1291)|
|Computer Lab Sessions||Offered for anyone who needs assistance enrolling in benefits. Please come prepared with all pertinent information needed for enrollment (access to your email account used for FBMC online registration, dependent and beneficiary information – full name, date of birth, social security number, etc.).||Office of Professional Development, Learning Resource Center, Room 117D:
Thursday, Nov. 1 from 2–4 p.m.
|Please RSVP to Jenny Klepfer (firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-854-2322 ext. 1291)|
New Benefit Changes
• Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) Change: Effective Jan. 1, 2019, New Directions will be CF’s new EAP provider. Click HERE to view the brochure, website information and log-in instructions.
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan Year Change: The FSA open enrollment period and benefits plan year has been changed to coincide with the college’s other benefit offerings. The new plan year will run from Jan. 1, – Dec. 31, 2019.
o Current Members: The FSA account will be shut down from Oct. 1, 2018 – Dec. 31, 2018. There will be a 10-week grace period from Oct. 1, 2018 – Dec. 10, 2018, for current enrollees to use unspent funds for incurred claims.
o Please note: Employees who enroll in the FSA will not be eligible to enroll in the Health Savings Account (H.S.A.) health plan per H.S.A. guidelines.
o See the following link for 2019 Flexible Spending Account Open Enrollment Information: Flexible Spending Account – 2019 Open Enrollment.
• Pharmacy Network Change: Elimination of CVS/TARGET: To help lower costs and save you money, we’re changing our pharmacy network in the new benefit year. Starting Jan. 1, 2019, your pharmacy network will feature Walgreens. You’ll find Walgreens has lower prices on many prescriptions. That means you’ll often pay less when you have a deductible to meet. Or if the drug costs more than your copay, you’ll pay the lower price. CVS-owned pharmacies will not be in your pharmacy network in the new benefit year. But don’t worry. You’ll still have many pharmacy choices. In addition to Walgreens, you can choose from Publix, Winn-Dixie, Walmart and many smaller retailers and independent pharmacies. To ensure your prescriptions are covered, move them to an in-network pharmacy. Click here for more information.
• Academic Devices Insurance Program Ending: Effective Jan. 1, 2019, the Academic Devices Insurance will be discontinued.
• TELEDOC: Like last year, CF is offering TELEDOC, a new service that provides access to a network of U.S. board-certified physicians who can resolve many medical issues via phone or online video consultations. It’s quality healthcare, when and where you need it, at a price you can afford ($10 copay for PPO 03769 and no more than $42 copay for H.S.A. members).
Plan Information and Rates
CF will continue to offer the same two health insurance plans that are compliant under the Affrdable Healthcare Act.Health insurance plan rates will change +7.19 percent.
Restrictions of the H.S.A. – employees who enroll in the H.S.A. cannot be enrolled in another insurance plan. This includes:
o Medicare, Medicaid or Other health insurance (example: TRICARE)
o Cannot have access to a Flexible Spending Account –OR- a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
“Access” refers to your own FSA or HRA account, or any other account that you would be considered as a dependent (example: a spouse’s FSA or HRA account through another employer).
Plan information and rates can be found in the attached document or on the CF Intranet.
Vision and Dental Providers will also remain unchanged.
Click HERE for a list of in-network dental plan providers (VSP and EyeMed Access Plan).
FBMC Enrollment Instructions
• Open enrollment for Health/Life/Dental/Vision will take place via an online self-service website managed by FMBC. Employees must access the enrollment website during the open enrollment period to: Add/change benefits, update beneficiary information or add/remove dependents. You may also access the site to confirm existing benefits. If you take no action, your current benefits will roll over to the new plan year.
Online Enrollment Instructions:
Simply log onto the following website:
1. Log onto: https://bmc.myfbmc.com
2. If you are registered from last year and forgot your password, select “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts.
3. For New Users: select ”Register”
a. Enter first name, last name and zip code, then enter a user identification (SSN# or Employee ID).
b. Enter email address (work email or personal email) – your email address will become your Username.
c. Follow the prompts to create a new password.
d. You will then receive an email with a validation code to activate your profile. Simply click the url web link provided in the email to validate your registration. You will then be redirected to the log-in page to begin the enrollment process.
4. Continue with plan changes and/or elections, or confirm current benefits if you are not making any changes.
5. Print out confirmation when complete.
Additional FBMC Resources:
How to Register for the FBMC Benefits Portal (For New Users)
How to Reset Password (Registered Users from Last Year’s Open Enrollment)
How to Enroll, Update or Confirm Existing Benefits on the FBMC Benefits Portal
Open Enrollment FAQ’S – FBMC Online Benefits Portal
Adding NEW Dependents this Year?
If you elect to add new dependents to insurance (health, dental, vision), you will be required to provide documentation showing that they meet eligibility requirements. To verify your dependents, you must submit the required documentation as defined in the Dependent Verification Documentation Chart along with the signed Certificate of Dependent Eligibility Attestation. Required documentation must be received in Human Resources by the close of business, Nov. 2, 2018, for the Jan. 1, 2019, effective date of coverage. Alternatively, you may upload your documents directly to the FBMC enrollment site by using the “Document Upload” feature. Your enrollment will remain in “pending” status until required documents are received in HR.
Supplemental Life Insurance Requirements – If Adding New or Increasing Coverage limits
If you elect Supplemental Life insurance during the open enrollment period you will be required to complete an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) Form. This form must be received in Human Resources by the close of business, Nov. 2, 2018, for the Jan. 1, 2019, effective date of coverage. Your Supplemental Life election will pend until the required documentation is received and reviewed by the insurance carrier. Please contact Jenny Klepfer (email@example.com or ext. 1291) if you have questions.
Please contact Jenny Klepfer at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 1291 if you have questions.
More information can be found at inside.cf.edu under Employee Benefits.