Good afternoon, CF Family:
The 2018 Florida Blue Medical Insurance Open Enrollment begins today and continues until midnight 11/3/17. I am pleased to report that CF will continue to cover 100% of each eligible employee’s cost of health insurance. The attached “Notification of Plan & Rate Changes” has a lot of information regarding changes to our benefits plans and dependent coverage increases. This information is also available on the CF Intranet at http://benefits.cf.edu/enrollment/open-enroll-health.htm. I also want to bring your attention to a few highlights that are explained farther down below:
OPEN ENROLLMENT – WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR?
(NEW) Open Enrollment Dates for January 1, 2018 Effective Date of Coverage – MANDATORY OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR HEALTH, LIFE, DENTAL AND VISION
- Health/Life/Dental/Vision: Open Enrollment October 23, 2017 through midnight November 3, 2017 via online benefits portal (see information under FBMC and Open Enrollment)
THIS IS A MANDATORY OPEN ENROLLMENT – AS A RESULT OF A NEW HEALTH PLAN OFFERING, ALL EMPLOYEES MUST GO ON THE FBMC WEBSITE TO CONFIRM THEIR BENEFITS.
- Short term Disability/Long Term Disability/Cancer Insurance/Medi-Gap Plan: Custom Benefits will be on campus the following dates:
- October 26, 2017 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Citrus Campus, Building 4, Room 105
- Ameritas representatives will be on campus to offer assistance to any employees who may have questions about the dental or vision plans:
- October 26, 2017 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Citrus Campus, Building 4, Room 105
- Employee Health Insurance Meeting: A representative from Florida Blue will discuss 2018 health insurance plan information (including a thorough review of the new H.S.A. health plan offering), answer questions and address any concerns. Please RSVP to Ashley Peirano (firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-854-2322 ext. 1290).
- November 2, 2017 from 3 to 4 p.m.: Ocala Campus, Ewers Century Center (Building 40) Room 107
- Video Conferencing will be available for other campuses.
- (NEW) We are offering Computer Lab Sessions in OPD, Building 3, Room 117D for anyone who needs assistance re-enrolling in benefits. Please come prepared with all pertinent information needed for enrollment (access to your email account used for FBMC online registration, dependent and beneficiary information – full name, date of birth, social security number, etc.). Please reserve your time by emailing email@example.com or 352-854-2322 ext. 1290).
The computer lab dates/time are:
- Thursday, October 26th from noon – 3 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 31st from 9 a.m. – noon
- Thursday, November 2nd from noon – 3 p.m.
(NEW) Benefit Changes
- Health Plan Change: This year CF will offer two health insurance plans that are compliant under the Affordable Healthcare Act.
- PPO Blue Options Plan 03769
- (NEW) PPO Blue Options 05191 HSA “High Deductible” Plan (replacing PPO 03359 HRA plan)
Restrictions of the H.S.A.:
- The prescription plan for the H.S.A. is subject to the deductible. Please view the plan summary and plan comparisons for more information.
- Employees who enroll in the H.S.A. cannot be enrolled in another insurance plan. This includes:
- Medicare, Medicaid or Other health insurance (example: TRICARE)
- Cannot have access to a Flexible Spending Account –OR- a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- “Access” refers to your own FSA or HRA account, or any other account that you would be considered as a dependent (example: a spouse’s FSA or HRA account through another employer).
- Note: Employees currently enrolled in the college’s HRA plan will be able to enroll in the H.S.A. because HRA balances will be changed to a “limited purpose HRA” effective Jan. 1, 2018.
***AS A RESULT OF A NEW HEALTH PLAN OFFERING, ALL EMPLOYEES MUST GO ON THE FBMC WEBSITE TO CONFIRM THEIR BENEFITS – MANDATORY ENROLLMENT***
Vision Rate Change: CF will continue to offer the two vision plans – EyeMed and VSP. However, there has been a premium rate increase for VSP. Please see the below premium rate increases:
- VSP – 19.3% increase
- EyeMed – no premium increase
Plan information and rates can be found on the CF Intranet at: http://benefits.cf.edu/enrollment/open-enroll-health.htm .
Click HERE for a list of Providers for each plan (VSP and EyeMed Access Plan).
FBMC and Open Enrollment – MANDATORY ENROLLMENT
- Open enrollment for Health/Life/Dental/Vision will take place via an online self-service website managed by FMBC. This is a mandatory enrollment. Employees must access the enrollment website during the open enrollment period to: Add/change benefits; OR Confirm existing benefits
Online Enrollment Instructions:
Simply log onto the following website:
- Log onto: https://bmc.myfbmc.com
- If you are registered from last year and forgot your password, select “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts.
- For New Users: select ”Register”
- Enter first name, last name, & Zip Code, then enter a user identification (SSN# or Employee ID).
- Enter email address (work email or personal email) – your email address will become your Username.
- Follow the prompts to create a new password.
- You will then receive an email with a validation code to activate your profile. Simply click the url web link provided in the email to validate your registration. You will then be redirected to the log-in page to begin the enrollment process.
- Continue with plan changes and/or elections, or confirm current benefits if you are not making any changes.
- Print out confirmation when complete.
Additional FBMC Resources:
How to Register for the FBMC Benefits Portal (For New Users)
How to Reset Password (Registered Users from Last Year’s Open Enrollment)
How to Enroll, Update or Confirm Existing Benefits on the FBMC Benefits Portal
Open Enrollment FAQ’S – FBMC Online Benefits Portal
Dependent Verification Requirements
The FBMC online enrollment system has a “Document Upload” feature to easily add dependent verification documents directly to the enrollment website – only required if you are adding new dependents during this open enrollment. If you elect to add new dependents to insurance (health, dental, vision), you will be required to provide documentation showing that they meet eligibility requirements. To verify your dependents, you must submit the required documentation as defined in the Dependent Verification Documentation Chart along with the signed Certificate of Dependent Eligibility Attestation. Required documentation must be received in Human Resources by the close of business, November 3, 2017, for the January 1, 2018 effective date of coverage. Your enrollment elections, including the dependents added, are subject to review and/or modification based on the dependent documentation you supply. Please note: this requirement is only for newly added dependents taking effect January 1, 2018. If you have already submitted documents on current dependents to Human Resources (dental/vision dependents) you do not need to do it again.
Supplemental Life Insurance Requirements
If you elect Supplemental Life insurance during the open enrollment period you will be required to complete an Evidence of Insurability (EOI) Form. This form must be received in Human Resources by the close of business, November 3, 2017, for the January 1, 2018 effective date of coverage. Your Supplemental Life election will pending until the required documentation is received and reviewed by the insurance carrier. Please contact Ashley Peirano (firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 1290) if you have questions.
Reminder – THIS IS A MANDATORY OPEN ENROLLMENT – ALL EMPLOYEES MUST GO ON THE FBMC WEBSITE TO CONFIRM THEIR BENEFITS
Please contact Ashley Peirano (email@example.com or ext. 1290) if you have questions.