Join the next professional development workshop on Wednesday, July 18, or Aug. 22, from noon-1 p.m. in the Learning Resources Center, Room 112. This workshop is designed to help faculty and staff learn how to handle disruptive and/or distressed students. A variety of topics will be covered.
- Prevent disruptions, including disruptions caused by students with disabilities.
- Identify the warning signs of potentially harmful situations and how to defuse or de-escalate them.
- Report inappropriate or potentially harmful behavior,.
- Identify the warning signs of students who may be in distress.
- To refer students to college resources for help.
- Understand the roles of the CF Special Admissions Committee and the CF Threat Assessment Team.
To reserve your seat, please contact Steve Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 1762.