March 10, 2020
To all CF Faculty, Staff, and Students,
The health and safety of our students and employees are among our highest priorities. As we prepare to close for Spring Break, please know that CF administration is continuing to monitor updates on coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) by the Centers for Disease Control and Florida Department of Health.
Gov. Ron DeSantis has designated the Florida Department of Health as the lead on emergency response activities and we are working closely with the Marion County office. As of March 10, there are no confirmed cases in Marion, Citrus or Levy counties.
The Florida Department of Health has issued the following directives related to travel.
• If you travel to China, Italy, South Korea or Iran, there is now a 14-day mandatory self-isolation and social distancing upon return to the United States. Social distancing includes avoiding going out in public and close personal interactions. If you become symptomatic, immediately self-isolate and contact your county health department or health care provider.
• If you travel to Japan or take an international cruise, monitor your health and limit interactions with others for 14 days after returning to the United States. If you become symptomatic, immediately self-isolate and contact your county health department or health care provider.
• If you traveled on a river cruise on the Nile River in Egypt in February 2020, self-isolate for 14-days following your date of return to the United States. Several passengers in the United States recently developed symptoms and have been confirmed to be infected with COVID-19, including two positive cases in Florida.
• Full information on travel advisories can be found here.
If you are a CF student and have engaged in any international travel in the past 14 days, or plan to engage in any international travel in the near future, please notify Dr. Saul Reyes, Vice-president of Student Affairs, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Include travel dates and locations.
If you are a CF employee and have engaged in any international travel in the past 14 days, or plan to engage in any international travel in the near future, please notify Jenny Klepfer, Director of Human Resources, via email email@example.com immediately. Include travel dates and locations.
We are working with our custodial team to enhance routine cleaning and maintenance at all sites. Wall mounted hand sanitizer dispensers are available at building entrances. We encourage you to continue to practice everyday preventative behaviors – stay home when sick, cover coughs and sneezes, frequently wash hands with soap and water, avoid handshakes, and clean frequently touched surfaces. For more information click here.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will share important information as it becomes available.
• The latest resources and updates on COVID-19 can be found at FloridaHealth.gov and CDC.gov.
• The Health Department COVID-19 Call Center number (1-866-779-6121) is available 24 hours a day.
• Inquiries may also be emailed to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
• You may also check for updates at CF.edu/healthalert