The American Heart Association Heart Walk is this Saturday, Oct. 7. Thank you for all that you have done to raise awareness and funds to fight heart disease in Marion County
- 7:30 a.m. – Festivities begin
- 8 a.m. – Stage program begins
- 8:15 a.m. – College of Central Florida team photo
- 8:30 a.m. – Walk begins. There are one- and two-mile options.
Baseline Trailhead Park, 4803 SE 58th Ave, Ocala – Enjoy a paved walking path with lots of activities for the whole family along the way.
What’s new this year? The Healthy For Good™ initiative is transforming the event to become more than just a walk. The Marion County Heart Walk will now have activities right from the beginning!
- Studio SC will have a yoga demonstration during the event and after the walk as a cool-down.
- Zone Health and Fitness will host Zumba!
- DeLuca YMCA will have a special workout for younger walkers (and their families)!
- Iron Legion Athletics will have a CrossFit style workout or a Bootcamp style workout.
- There will be a jump rope station.
- To kick it off, this year we will have our Heart Man Challenge. We will ask participants to complete each activity. For each one completed, they will receive a sticker. If they complete them all, they may enter to win a prize. Our goal is to get people moving from the beginning to end, and leave our Heart Walk with information and motivation to make small changes throughout the year.
Thank you for your support.