The 2020 Florida Blue Medical Insurance Open Enrollment began Monday, Oct. 21 and runs until midnight on Friday, Nov. 1.
Please review 2020 Benefits Changes below to learn about what is new this year, including a change in life insurance (guaranteed issue supplemental life insurance during open enrollment) and the addition of dependent life insurance options.
Human Resources is pleased to report that CF will continue to cover 100 percent of each eligible employee’s cost of health insurance. The “Notification of Plan & Rate Changes” has a lot of information regarding changes to our benefits plans and dependent coverage increases. This information is also available on the CF Intranet at http://benefits.cf.edu/enrollment/open-enroll-health.htm. I also want to bring your attention to a few highlights that are explained farther down below:
To assist CF employees through the enrollment process, please utilize the Open Enrollment Checklist.
Dates: Oct. 21, 2019-Nov. 1, 2019 at midnight
Effective Date of Coverage: Jan. 1, 2020
Health, Life, Dental, and Vision enrollment: Enroll via FBMC online benefits portal (see FBMC Enrollment Instructions below).
**Enrollment is not mandatory unless you are making plan changes or adding dependents. However, we strongly encourage all employees to access the FBMC enrollment site to confirm current benefits, and review/update beneficiary information if necessary. If you choose to take no action, your current benefits will roll over to the new plan year.
o Please Note: New or existing H.S.A. health plan members wishing to contribute additional funds to your H.S.A. account via payroll deduction must complete a new election form HSA Payroll Deduction.
Short term Disability, Long Term Disability, Cancer Insurance, or Medi-Gap Plan enrollment: First time enrollees: Paper enrollment with Custom Benefits Services representatives; Current enrollees do not have to re-enroll unless you are making changes
Ocala Campus – Oct. 23 and 24 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Founder’s Hall, Conference Room 105
Citrus Campus – Oct. 23 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., Citrus Learning and Conference Center, Room 103
Flexible Spending Account
First time enrollees: Paper enrollment with Custom Benefits Services representatives (or contact HR for paper enrollment); Current enrollees or employees who have participated in the plan previously must re-enroll online at www.myflexonline.com. (More information can be located below under Benefit Changes.)
Mark your calendar for the following Open Enrollment Events:
|Event||Description||Date, Time and Location of Event||RSVP Required|
|Employee Health Insurance Meeting||A representative from Florida Blue will discuss 2020 health insurance plan information, answer questions and address any concerns.||Oct. 28 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Ocala Campus, Ewers Century Center, Room 101 Video Conferencing will be available for other campuses.||Please RSVP to Jenny Klepfer (email@example.com or 352-854-2322 ext. 1291)|
|Computer Lab Sessions||Offered for anyone who needs assistance enrolling in benefits. Please come prepared with all pertinent information needed for enrollment (access to your email account used for FBMC online registration, dependent and beneficiary information – full name, date of birth, social security number, etc.).||Tuesday, Oct. 23 from 10 a.m.-noon
Wednesday, Oct. 30 from 2–4 p.m.
Office of Professional Development, Learning Resource Center, Room 117D
|Please RSVP to Jenny Klepfer (firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-854-2322 ext. 1291)|
|Custom Benefits Services||Enrollment Assistance for:–Flexible Spending Account–Shirt term disability/long term disability–Cancer insurance–Medi-Gap plan–Dental (Ameritas)–Vision (Ameritas)||Ocala Campus: Wednesday, Oct. 23 and Thursday, Oct. 24, from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Founders Hall, Conference room 105
Citrus Campus: Wednesday, Oct. 23, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Learning and Conference Center, Room 105
New Benefit Changes
- Plan Rates: Health insurance plan rates will change +5.53%. CF will continue to cover Employee-only health insurance premiums at 100%.There will be slight premium increase for Dental/Vision as well.
- Flexible Spending Account: Like last year, the FSA open enrollment period and benefits plan year will coincide with the college’s other benefit offerings. Open enrollment begins Oct. 21 and the plan year will run from Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2020. See the following link for 2019 Flexible Spending Account Open Enrollment Information: Flexible Spending Account – 2020 Open Enrollment.
- NEW This Year – Life Insurance Change
- Unum Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance will be replaced by a new provider, The Standard Insurance.
- Open Enrollment period will allow employees to add new supplemental life insurance or increase existing levels at guaranteed issue – no medical underwriting required – up to $200,000 (EOI required if request is 200K or more).
• Reminder of Pharmacy Network Change: Elimination of CVS/TARGET: As of January 1, 2019, CVS-owned pharmacies are no longer in your pharmacy network. You’ll still have many pharmacy choices. In addition to Walgreens, you can choose from Publix, Winn-Dixie, Walmart, and many smaller retailers and independent pharmacies. To ensure your prescriptions are covered, move them to an in-network pharmacy.
• TELEDOC: As in previous years, CF is offering TELEDOC, a new service that provides access to a network of U.S. board-certified physicians who can resolve many medical issues via phone or online video consultations. It’s quality healthcare, when and where you need it, at a price you can afford ($10 copay for PPO 03769 and no more than $42 copay for H.S.A. members).
Plan Information and Rates
CF will continue to offer the same two health insurance plans that are compliant under the Affordable Healthcare Act.Health insurance plan rates will change +7.19 percent.
Restrictions of the H.S.A. – employees who enroll in the H.S.A. cannot be enrolled in another insurance plan. This includes:
o Medicare, Medicaid or Other health insurance (example: TRICARE)
o Cannot have access to a Flexible Spending Account –OR- a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
“Access” refers to your own FSA or HRA account, or any other account that you would be considered as a dependent (example: a spouse’s FSA or HRA account through another employer).
Plan information and rates can be found in the attached document or on the CF Intranet.
Vision and Dental Providers will also remain unchanged.
Click HERE for a list of in-network dental plan providers (Dental, VSP Vision and EyeMed Access Plan).
FBMC Enrollment Instructions
• Open enrollment for Health/Life/Dental/Vision will take place via an online self-service website managed by FMBC. Employees must access the enrollment website during the open enrollment period to: Add/change benefits, update beneficiary information or add/remove dependents. You may also access the site to confirm existing benefits. If you take no action, your current benefits will roll over to the new plan year.
Online Enrollment Instructions
Simply log onto the following website:
1. Log onto: https://bmc.myfbmc.com
2. If you are registered from last year and forgot your password, select “Forgot Password” and follow the prompts.
3. For New Users: select ”Register”
a. Enter first name, last name and zip code, then enter a user identification (SSN# or Employee ID).
b. Enter email address (work email or personal email) – your email address will become your Username.
c. Follow the prompts to create a new password.
d. You will then receive an email with a validation code to activate your profile. Simply click the url web link provided in the email to validate your registration. You will then be redirected to the log-in page to begin the enrollment process.
4. Continue with plan changes and/or elections, or confirm current benefits if you are not making any changes.
5. Print out confirmation when complete.
Additional FBMC Resources
How to Register for the FBMC Benefits Portal (For New Users)
How to Reset Password (Registered Users from Last Year’s Open Enrollment)
How to Enroll, Update or Confirm Existing Benefits on the FBMC Benefits Portal
Open Enrollment FAQ’S – FBMC Online Benefits Portal
Adding NEW Dependents this Year?
If you elect to add new dependents to insurance (health, dental, vision), you will be required to provide documentation showing that they meet eligibility requirements. To verify your dependents, you must submit the required documentation as defined in the Dependent Verification Documentation Chart along with the signed Certificate of Dependent Eligibility Attestation. Required documentation must be received in Human Resources by the close of business, Nov. 2, 2019, for the Jan. 1, 2020, effective date of coverage. Alternatively, you may upload your documents directly to the FBMC enrollment site by using the “Document Upload” feature. Your enrollment will remain in “pending” status until required documents are received in HR.
Please contact Jenny Klepfer at email@example.com or ext. 1291 if you have questions.
More information can be found at inside.cf.edu under Employee Benefits.